- To add your intelligent campaign to your Plezi account, take a look here!
- Have you tagged your pieces of content, including where they are in the purchasing cycle?
- Have you thought about the duration of each phase of your purchasing cycle?
- Have you fully developed your scoring strategy? (Article coming soon).
- Have you created emails to supply this intelligent campaign? If not, read this article to find out how.
Why an “intelligent” campaign?
An Intelligent Campaign responds to the need for nurturing and allows you to develop a rapport with your contact, by automatically sending them the ebooks or articles that are most relevant to their journey.
That’s why Plezi removes the notion of “lifetime” from a piece of content and meets its objective: to attract your contact to your website.
This scenario means sharing your content according to your contacts’ characteristics. The major advantage is the automatic updating of the sending strategy, when you add new content.
Please note: you stay in control of everything!
- It’s you who decides who receives your content;
- It’s you who creates and tests the email that will be sent;
- It’s you who improves your database’s segmentation.
The only thing that you don’t do is to press the “send” button, so you save time, intelligently.
How are emails chosen and sent?
Gone are the days spent developing long, convoluted scenarios when a white paper (or other piece of content) is distributed. With Plezi, it is automatically inserted into your scenario and will be sent to contacts who:
- Haven’t yet read it;
- Are in the corresponding purchasing cycle;
- Meet the criteria of defined “exclusion tags”
- For which the other information (persona, interest, job title, industry or other preferential tags that you have defined) are the closest to this content.
To understand the detailed order of the content chosen by Plezi, take a look here! (The article will be published soon)
Consequently, no two engagement scenarios are alike: each of your contacts will have their own journey and will therefore receive the most suitable email at the defined time. That way, just one Intelligent Campaign is enough in Plezi.
Initial configuration of your intelligent campaign
To create or modify your intelligent campaign’s parameters:
- Click “+New scenario” and choose the “Intelligent Campaign”;
2. Give it a name and indicate which contacts you want to include in the scenario;
3. Choose the number of unopened emails above which you will stop sending it to a contact;
4. The intelligent campaign customises delivery depending on where the contact is in the purchasing cycle;
For each one, you set:
- How frequently emails are sent: to set according to the phase and the commercial pressure desired;
- The score above which the contact moves on to the next phase.
5. The objective is to move your prospect through your funnel, which is why Plezi offers you the ability to send (following the period configured) content that corresponds to the next phase;
6. Save. And there you go, you’ve just configured it!
7. Once a campaign has been configured, you need to activate it by activating its status in the “Automation” page.
How do I insert emails into my intelligent campaign?
Are you perhaps wondering what the emails that you sent to your contacts will look like?
They’re defined in your content, under the “Automation” tab and are created using our editor.
To understand how to create automation emails and include them in your intelligent campaign, read this article.
Tips and Tricks!
- Our clients generally choose to include all of our contacts in their intelligent campaigns: your aim is to nurture them. Creating a dynamic list is so you have the option to exclude contacts from this campaign and allow new contacts to join this scenario.
- Inbound marketing is non-intrusive: there is no point hounding contacts who reject your emails. You keep contacts through your newsletter. Good practice is to stop sending anything after five unread emails;
- Generally speaking, the duration of each phase of the purchasing cycle is very clear for the sales department: Find out what they are! Those that are suggested are simply guidelines.
- The score helps to verify the level engagement of a prospect. Plezi good practice is therefore:--> Discovery phase: 5 points per piece of content--> Evaluation phase: 20 points per piece of content--> Purchasing phase: 40 points per piece of content.
- Emails must include a CTA and be activated to become part of the intelligent campaign.
Good to know!
There is a case where the same contact can receive several smart campaign emails in the same day. This is the case in which the emails of several phases are scheduled a few hours apart.
For example, if the email of the discovery phase is scheduled at 10:00 am, and the email of the evaluation phase is scheduled at 11:00 am, if the contact in the discovery phase has earned enough points to move to the evaluation phase during the delay (between 10:00 am and 11:00 am), then he will also receive the email of the evaluation phase on the same day.
You can use this to your advantage if you think it's relevant, or simply decide to avoid it by setting your smart campaign email sending times :)
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)