- Go to the “Publication” tab for your content and click on “Landing Page”;
2. Choose the title of this landing page (only visible by you) and the source of its template;
3. Customise it using our editor;
4. Choose your form by clicking on the block of your choice, then by identifying the form in “Element Settings”;
5. Complete and/or validate the information provided in the “Landing Page” tab;
6. Actions to carry out after a form is submitted. Choose from one of the following:
- The thank-you message or redirection to a URL of your choice.
- Sending a possible internal alert: you’ll receive an email detailing the form filled in and any contact history;
- Sending an email to your contact:- By default, Plezi configures the field “Last name”, “Sender’s email”, and message “Subject”: you’re free to change them;- You can choose an email template (to edit its visual identity). This email template must be configured in “Configuration > Email templates”; The text that appears in the editor at the bottom of the page will replace the “merge” block that you will have added to the email template.
7. You can automatically subscribe contacts to the newsletter of your choice.
Another option: use a form to publish your white paper online!
How to index my landing page ?
To index your landing page and make it visible to search engines:
- First of all, consider indexing it by ticking the box “Page indexed by search engines” in your editor:
This step is essential for allowing bots to access it, but this doesn’t index the page automatically.
There are then two ways to index the page:
- 2.a. By placing the URL somewhere online (for example, on your website, in a CTA or in a text). This is what will allow bots to create a path to this URL.
NB. Sharing the URL in a post on social networks or in an email campaign is not enough because, by default, these URLs are configured with a “no follow” tag which prevents search engines from accessing them.
- 2.b. To index a landing page manually without waiting for the URL to be published online, don’t hesitate to request this on the Google Search Console, by following these instructions.
Tips and Tricks!
- The form’s appearance (colours, size, borders etc.) can be customised directly in your landing page;
- The thank-you message will appear in the place of the form on your page and must be configured in “Configuration > Thank-you messages”. Whether you choose a message or page-redirection depends on how your customer journey is structured. This must be consistent and offer new content, for example;
- The email template must be configured in “Configuration > Email templates”;
- If you do not choose an email template, this will take the form of “plain text”, but will be designed with a width of 600px and a left-hand margin;
- If you choose not to send an email after a form is submitted, consider making your eBook available for download at a redirection URL (point 6.1);
- The next step is promoting your white paper on social networks, through an email campaign, CTAs or sponsored links.
- For a responsive landing page, consider adding a width of 100% of your page in the first editing tab.
- To see if your landing page has been indexed by Google, search site: followed by the page’s URL.