- You know how to create content in Plezi, otherwise follow this article;
- You know how to create a form template (article coming soon), and associate a form with your content;
- You have a Zapier account and access to Google Sheets.
You have gathered a list of contacts that have requested your content via external sites or forms. There are several possible cases:
- You’re starting out on Plezi and you were previously using another inbound marketing or form-generation tool;
- You have sent the link to download your content to another site that uses its own form;
The aim is to inform Plezi that “such and such contacts” have requested “such and such content” in order to:
- better qualify your contacts in Plezi;
- apply the score linked to the form-submission;
- import your contacts into your smartlist with the condition 'content request', and thereby to better target your email campaigns.
You’re going to simulate a contact submitting the form in Plezi, via the setting-up of a Zap. This will require a little preparatory work in your Plezi account and on your contacts export.
Step 1: preparation in your Plezi account
The idea is to create your content in Plezi, to associate a form with it and to retrieve its identifiers to configure the Zap.
1. Create a form template: use the original form fields with which you obtained the contacts;
2. Create your content in Plezi: an offer to respond to a contact/quote/demo/audit request; an eBook for a download request;
3. Associate a new form with this content: give it a title that differentiates it from others and use the corresponding template;
4. On your form, ignore the Formatting and Consent tabs.
N.B. The Workflow will be effective when the Zap is connected, which means that, if configured, internal alert and thank-you emails will reach all the contacts when the Zap connection is established. We recommend that you don’t put anything.
5. Retrieve the form identifiers: in the Publish tab, the form script gives the tenant_id, form_id and content_web_form_id. Take a note of these numbers. You will need them when you configure the zap.
Step 2. Preparing your Google Spreadsheet
The next step is about preparing the structure of your Google Spreadsheet.
1. Create a worksheet in your Google Spreadsheet;
Each column will correspond to a piece of information to map via Zapier.
2. Complete the first row:
Keep the first three columns for the tenant_id, form_id and content_web_form_id. The following columns must correspond to the technical names of the fields that you want to load in Plezi (found here). The email address is mandatory.
This will let you test the zap in step 3.
Step 3: configuring the zap
It is time to create your zap in order to send your contacts to Plezi and to indicate that they have requested your content in the past.
TRIGGER: GOOGLE SPREADSHEET
1. In the app selection, choose Google Sheets;
2. Click on New Spreadsheet row, then on Save & Continue;
3. Link your Google account to Zapier by testing it, then by clicking on Save & Continue;
4. Select your Spreadsheet and worksheet and click on Continue;
5. Click on Fetch & Continue to carry out the test. If you have followed the previous steps, you will see a test confirmation. Well done!
All you need to do now is take action😉
ACTION: WEBHOOKS BY ZAPIER
1. In the app selection, choose Webhooks by Zapier;
2. Click on GET, then Save & Continue;
3. Enter the following parameters:
- The API’s URL: https://app.plezi.co/web_forms/create_contact
- Query String Parameters: enter the technical fields to the left (tenant_id, form_id and content_form_id and all the technical names of the contact fields to load) and match them to the fields written in the first row of your Spreadsheet.
- Send As JSON: No
- JSON key: json
- Unflatten: yes
- Basic Auth and Headers: nothing to fill in
4. Click on Continue, then Send Test to Webooks;
5. Activate your zap by clicking the ON button;
6. Now all you have to do is tell Zapier about the presence of new rows in your Spreadsheet in order to launch the transfer of your contacts. Complete your Spreadsheet (simply copy/paste).
7. Wait for the next synchronisation (every 15 minutes) or launch it manually (RUN), then take a look around your Plezi account:
- Contacts will be created / updated in Plezi;
- The Spreadsheet fields will be filled-in in their Plezi record;
- Their content requests will appear in their recent history;
- The score will be allocated.
To go a little further:
- Important: Zap lets you tell Plezi that “such and such a contact has requested content”. It does NOT let you keep a history of original download dates.
- Do you want to do the same thing for several pieces of content? You can do this in a single zap (by entering different form_id’s and content_web_form_id’s on the same Spreadsheet). Be aware of your content’s identifiers so that you don’t lose any and bring up the wrong content requests in Plezi.
- For multiple-choice fields or dropdown lists, pay attention✋: the values in your table must correspond to the values created in your Plezi account (here) in terms of spelling and case.