How do I add validation rules to my fields?
In a form template, click on the edit icon next to the fields of your choice:
2. Add your own validation rules in the window that appears by clicking on the pink button below:
Your changes to the form template in question will apply to all forms associated with it.
Some useful use cases:
1. Prevent your visitors from submitting incorrect, disposable or personal emails
You keep only relevant and professional email addresses, which will lead to a better targeting of your campaigns.
==> Example for your "email" field
🎉 Good news! Don't list all the disposable emails to exclude, we've already done that for you! Select the "Do not accept disposable emails" rule to have your form block submission of these addresses. Here is the list of these addresses :)
2. Impose a format on telephone numbers and avoid false numbers
This will make it possible to homogenise your telephone number base and facilitate contact.
==> Example for your "mobile" and "telephone" fields:
3. Set a minimum / maximum number of characters for text entries
This will allow your leads to avoid leaving useless or too long messages!
==> Example for your "message" field
4. Impose the classic format of a postcode field
In order to avoid entering the wrong postcode, to better segment your database and to communicate this information in the right format for your sales representatives.
==> Example for your "postal code" field:
Good to know!
Be careful not to abuse the validation rules! Choose them sparingly by thinking about your needs as a marketer (targeting), salesperson (making contact) and CRM connection (transmission formats).
These rules only apply to the next times your webform will be filled, it's not retroactive!