- Zoho Client & Zoho Client Secret : Go to your developer account (accounts.zoho.eu/developerconsole), click on the three dots :
Create a new client
- Copy and paste the Client ID and the Client Secret
- Zoho Org : Click on the Lead or Contact tab. Inside the url, you will find the org info that you need. For instance, in our example we have crm.zoho.eu/crm/orgXXXXXXXX/tab/ .Copy and paste the information from the org part to the end of the numbers. You should have something like follow: org5444456755445 (of course, your ID shall be different that the one we just made up 😉)
- Zoho code : Go back to your Account page, click on the 3 dots and "Self-client"
Inside the scope add : ZohoCRM.settings.fields.all,ZohoCRM.modules.all
You can set the expiration to : 10 minutes
You will have some times to get yourself a coffee or a tea ☕️
Click on "View Code", a pop up shall appear with the code, copy and paste it.
- Zoho domain : The domain correspond to your CRM domain. The information is present inside your CRM URL. For instance, here the domain is "eu".
Contact Synchronization (To know)
You will have the possibility to synchronize your Contacts as a whole, click on the "Configuration" tab of your Plezi platform. If you want to only synchronize selected contacts, we give you the possibility to do so. Chose the value and the field value that you want us to search on. The field type has to be : "single line".
To add a new field inside your CRM Zoho module, just go to the contact page and click onto "Edit Page Layout"
Select the field type : single line
- Zoho contact field : This value correspond to the value of the field you created. In our example, the value being "crm_to_plezi".
- Zoho contact value : This value correspond to the value inside the field you created. During the synchronization's search, we will only retrieve the contacts that have the field and the value filled.
In our example, the search will be on the contacts that have the fields "crm_to_plezi" and the value "yes".
Once you have filled the informations, you can click on “Update your configuration”.
1/ Think about the which Zoho fields you want to load in Plezi, and vice-versa
2/ Make sure you have the Zoho fields in Plezi
3/ Make sure you have Plezi fields in Zoho
Fields you must create in Zoho for a LEAD:
- plezi_url (“text-type field"). This allows your sales rep to go directly to the contact’s Plezi record
Special Plezi fields to create in Zoho if you want to send this information (unidirectional):
- score (text-type field). This is the score of the lead calculated in Plezi (0 to 50) => it’s called the “behaviour_score” in Plezi
- status(text-type field). This corresponds to the status of the lead identified in Plezi (Closed, Accepted, Engaged etc.) => this is called the “state” in Plezi
- Your contacts in Plezi and on the CRM must have an email address in order to be synchronized;
- During a two-way synchronization, LEADS can be synchronised in both directions. We consider that changes to and the creation of new CONTACTS is up to the sales department. No actions are therefore possible for a Contact in Plezi -> CRM, but we do gather Contacts from the CRM -> Plezi.
In the field "Zoho crm url", please enter this value : https://www.zohoapis.com/crm/v2/
4/ Map contacts in Plezi by activating the fields and the directions of your choice.
> The mandatory Plezi fields appear in the mapping page but are disabled. You don’t have to touch these and can leave them disabled.
> You can put non-mandatory, special Plezi fields (score, status) in the Plezi --> direction only, to send this data to your CRM.
> The score field must be mapped with the Plezi fieldbehaviour_score and the status field with the Plezi field state.
Everything will then be in place and all you have to do is start synchronising!
Tips and Tricks
Here at Plezi, email addresses are unique forms of identification, so there’s no risk of duplicates! But...check for duplicated email addresses in your CRM: if you have two leads with the same email address (but different information), Plezi will update the second lead with the information from the first.
You can add and synchronise new fields when you want to. Create equivalences in both tools and return to mapping: the new field will appear in the last position;
Automatic synchronisation takes places every two hours as well as each time a form is submitted. It takes into account the changes to contact and the creation of new contacts;
If you change a setting (add a field, change a direction etc.) you need to launch a manual synchronisation to update the information;
Function field: if it’s a free field in your CRM, only use it in one direction (Plezi > SF), otherwise all the existing functions in your CRM will load in Plezi...and mess it up!
The drop-down and multiple-choice lists must be exactly the same in Zoho and Plezi. Zoho blocks the creation /update of a contact whose field values don’t match.