1. To delete moved (aka NPAI) and/or Opt-outs contacts
Go to Plezi’s Configuration > “Contacts” tab
Select which contacts you want to delete and that’s it!
2. To delete all your contacts or just some of them
a. Go to Marketing > Contact list
b. Create a contact list that includes all of your contacts or those you want to delete (identify their common features).
c. Once you have created the list (this may take a few minutes), return to all of the smartlists and click on "Actions". You can then choose to delete the “contacts in the list”.
3. How do I delete a contact list?
Go to Marketing > Contact lists:
- Click on the three small dots to the right of the list;
- Click on “Delete the list”.
A confirmation pop-up will appear to confirm your request.
Note: This will delete your contact list....but don’t panic! The contacts included in this list will stay in your Plezi contacts database.
- Can’t delete your contact list? This may be because the list is being used for a scheduled delivery (email campaign, workflow, newsletter)
Tips and Tricks
- Deleting contacts is irreversible & can take up to 1/2 day to take effect: each deletion requires us to go and check (automatically, I can reassure you) the contacts, content, automation, smartlists etc.
- If the contacts that you have deleted reappear in your Plezi account (via a form, your linked CRM, a new import etc.), new contact records will be created, as if Plezi recognised these people for the very first time.
- Tip: When you look at your reports, it may spot a difference, as if leads had disappeared. This is normal. If leads were “not found at this address” or were Opt-outs, they are no longer in your Plezi account, and therefore not on your future reports! Elementary, my dear Watson!♀️