- Zoho CRM token: you need to create a new tokenGo to your Zoho account and click on “My Account”.
This will open a new tab. Click on “Active Authtoken".You will then see your token. To create your new token, use this link in the address bar: https://accounts.zoho.eu/apiauthtoken/create?SCOPE=ZohoCRM%2Fcrmapi&DISPLAY_NAME="Whatyouwant"
You must replace “Whatyouwant” with a name that appears in the “description” of this token. Delete the quotation marks (“”). => This must therefore give https://accounts.zoho.eu/apiauthtoken/create?SCOPE=ZohoCRM%2Fcrmapi&DISPLAY_NAME=Plezi Click enter and your new token will be created. Keep it because it will then be permanently encrypted.
You then find it on the tab “Active Authtoken"
- Zoho CRM URL: it’s the URL that you use to connect to Zoho.It is usually in the form https://crm.zoho.eu (or .com)
Once you have completed these two elements, you can click on “Update your configuration”.
1/ Think about the which Zoho fields you want to load in Plezi, and vice-versa
2/ Make sure you have the Zoho fields in Plezi
3/ Make sure you have Plezi fields in Zoho
Fields you must create in Zoho for a LEAD:
- plezi_url (“text-type field"). This allows your sales rep to go directly to the contact’s Plezi record
Field you must create in Zoho for a CONTACT:
- sync_to_plezi (“box to tick”-type field). This allows you to select contacts in the CRM that will be imported into Plezi. Those that are ticked will be imported.
Special Plezi fields to create in Zoho if you want to send this information (unidirectional):
- score (text-type field). This is the score of the lead calculated in Plezi (0 to 50) => it’s called the “behaviour_score” in Plezi
- status(text-type field). This corresponds to the status of the lead identified in Plezi (Closed, Accepted, Engaged etc.) => this is called the “state” in Plezi
- Your contacts in Plezi and on the CRM must have an email address in order to be synchronized;
- During a two-way synchronization, LEADS can be synchronised in both directions. We consider that changes to and the creation of new CONTACTS is up to the sales department. No actions are therefore possible for a Contact in Plezi -> CRM, but we do gather Contacts from the CRM -> Plezi.
4/ Map contacts in Plezi by activating the fields and the directions of your choice.
> The mandatory Plezi fields appear in the mapping page but are disabled. You don’t have to touch these and can leave them disabled.
> You can put non-mandatory, special Plezi fields (score, status) in the Plezi --> direction only, to send this data to your CRM.
> The score field must be mapped with the Plezi fieldbehaviour_score and the status field with the Plezi field state.
Everything will then be in place and all you have to do is start synchronising!
Tips and Tricks
Creating a new token lets you monitor the number of times Plezi queries Zoho (the number of times it connects may be limited depending on your plan);
Here at Plezi, email addresses are unique forms of identification, so there’s no risk of duplicates! But...check for duplicated email addresses in your CRM: if you have two leads with the same email address (but different information), Plezi will update the second lead with the information from the first.
You can add and synchronise new fields when you want to. Create equivalences in both tools and return to mapping: the new field will appear in the last position;
Automatic synchronisation takes places every two hours as well as each time a form is submitted. It takes into account the changes to contact and the creation of new contacts;
If you change a setting (add a field, change a direction etc.) you need to launch a manual synchronisation to update the information;
Function field: if it’s a free field in your CRM, only use it in one direction (Plezi > SF), otherwise all the existing functions in your CRM will load in Plezi...and mess it up!
The drop-down and multiple-choice lists must be exactly the same in Zoho and Plezi. Zoho blocks the creation /update of a contact whose field values don’t match.