- To create a contact list in Plezi, take a look here!
- This may be a dumb question but… do you have contacts in Plezi?
These lists will help with sending your emails, automation scenarios, database extractions etc.
1. What are the two types of list on Plezi?
- Smart lists are lists created in Plezi.
When a new contact meets a specific criteria, it is entered on the corresponding list.
When a contact doesn’t meet this exact specific criteria, it is removed from this list.
- Static lists are lists that are imported into Plezi.
To find out more, we have dedicated an article to the difference between these lists.
2. To create a smart list:
- Go to the “Marketing” tab, then “Contact lists”;
- Click on “+ Contact list”;
3. Name your list;
4. Choose your first sorting criteria by selecting:
– Contact property to segment according to contact fields (including those you have created);
- Content to segment according to content visits, this being the fact of visiting a certain page.
You can also segment according to a form submission, either on your site or on a landing page;
- Email to segment according to the receipt of, opening of or click on a certain email;
- Web tracking to segment according to the number of visits to a badged page;
- Workflow to identify contacts that are present (or not) in this automation tool
- Scoring to segment according to your contacts’ score.
- Program to identify contacts present (or not) and the reasons why they have been removed.
5. Complete the information for your first criteria, then add some if needed.
- The “+” at the bottom of your list lets you add criteria that will be added to your previous rules. This therefore becomes an “AND”
- The “+” next to your list lets you add criteria that can replace your previous rules.
It therefore allows you to create a list of contacts meeting your first criteria “OR” your other criteria.
To finish the creation of your list by clicking on “Create the list”.
How do I use smart lists?
- To send an email campaign or a workflow from Plezi, you need to choose the list that determines the target recipients.
- You can also export lists to get precise information (contacts having downloaded a certain form, for example).
- Additionally, in the “Contacts” tab, you can find your lists in order to segment your database.
Tips and Tricks!
- If you select two contact lists for sending an email, a contact found on both lists will only receive the email once.